Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
schaefer72

Look what followed me home from oregon

schaefer72
hi just got back from the brooks tractor show in oregon - it was good as always - big swap meet and lots of garden tractors - only one or two allis and simplicity this year - saw several tractors and attachments for sale - and made several contacts for parts and such - also met and talked to several club members - as expected when i came home my truck was filled to capacity with items and my money was all gone - in the photo you can see my newest items - a gannon earthcavator , spring tooth , $25 tiller , $25 mower deck , and a simplicity lanlord - not bad for a days work [url="pop_download.asp?mode=Edit&dir=schaefer72&file=183"][/url][url="pop_download.asp?mode=Edit&dir=schaefer72&file=184"][/url]

schaefer72
the following photo is of a simplicity lanlord at the show owned by a fellow club member that goes by cougar [url="pop_download.asp?mode=Edit&dir=schaefer72&file=185"][/url]

rickf
Nice load... Does anyone know which days of this event are best to attend? I think it's usually two weekends both sat&sun? I'd like to find some parts, but the kids would also like to see some of the steam engines... Next year. - R

poolshark
I was there on sunday, and found absolutely nothing, i went there to buy stuff for my big ten, had a pocket full of money, and saw nothing there for any tractors for sale, it was a good show, the museum was great, about 5 acres of john deer green, only one lanlord, no a/c garden tractors, maybe 10 larger a/c machines, i was disapointed, was hoping to find some good deals, if your interested in selling that mower deck, and earth cavator please contact me, im interested. i also took over 100 digtal pics there that i can upload if theres any interest

dirtsaver
uh...... jason do you think you need a bigger truck to haul more? Sure looks like you made a good day of it. I just wish we had some good shows like that here in Ky or southern Indiana or Ohio. I have to drive at least 4 hours to any show or swap meet. I am thinking of trying to organize an all brand show and swap somewhere here close to Louisville if I can find a few people interested. Luck to you Jason! Larry

cougar
As the only Landlord at the show, I would like to give you guys an idea of what was happening behind the scenes. First, the big swap meet is in mid-June in Brooks. This year we lost at least ten feet(by fourty feet min.) of space on three sides and almost on the fourth side. The three of us, who display about 60 tractors, got togethor and decided that variety was the key, since space was limited. We would have hauled out another 20 or 30 tractors but we ran out of room. I would agree that we should have included more AC, Simplicity and Homelite tractors. Next year I hope to have my B-10 ready for the show, as well as my Landlord looking better. But as many people know Steve Johnson's backyard can be a garden tractor show itself. The garden tractors are a part of one group's display area, which is in competition with at least 10 other groups for space at the show.

schaefer72
hi guys - the best days to go are usually the first weekend (first day) and be there early if you are looking to get some good deals on stuff - just like at any swap meet or garage sale the good stuff is usually sold and gone before 98 percent of the people even show up - at the swap meet i saw several mid seventies hydraulic mont. wards that had already sold by the time i was looking around at 8 a.m. sat. - i took the tiller , mower deck and a free briggs carb. as soon as i saw them around 820 a.m. - also saw a simp. walking tractor with several attachments for sale - the lesson is things go fast - so get there early - i was alittle dissapointed there wasn't more allis garden tractors but you never know from year to year - also hang out in the garden tractor area and talk to people - i met several new people for contacts on parts - i am making another run to oregon next month to follow up on them and bring home more goodies - good luck