Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Nice lawn

mbrook

This weekend my wife and I where on our way to my in-laws and as usual I took a different way to get there (you never know what you might see). So as we are enjoying the scenery we see this "Nice Lawn". I made the comment to my wife that it looked very nice. Without any hesitation, and alot of sarcasm in her voice she said "It MUST be mowed with a Simplicity". At that point an older guy rounded the corner of his house driving his Simplicity. I guess that goes to prove that Simplicity/AC do some of the best mowing. BTW, My wife was not thrilled that she was right.

Mark I am sorry your wife doesn't enjoy a good tractor. I am one of the lucky ones for sure! Eva always looked at tractors as "just a lawn mower" untill I got my first Simplicity this spring(a 91 model 17GTH-L). After she used it a few times and I started picking up some attatchments like the dozer blade and rear hitch/lift assembly for it she saw it for the workhorse it is and now she goes with me to look for goodies. She even wants one of her own....a 4041/720 no less! Go figure! Larry

Things sure must be different up there in Michigan than down here in Ohio. A "nice lawn" in Ohio means there still is a little bit of green! [XX)] The only people who have green lawns here are the rich folks with automatic sprinklers. My wife and I are lucky we've been able to keep our landscaping alive! It rained last night really hard for about 1/2 hour. I'm hoping some of it sunk in. Maybe we'll see a little green today!

Haven't had a good rain in South Jersey for months. Temps are in the 90s. I gave up and turned the automatic sprinklers off. At least the weeds are green and thriving. Wife is still watering the garden. Besides the cost of electricity, will probably burn out a $300 pump for $10 worth of corn and tomatoes.

It has been very dry here in Michigan. We did finally get some relief recently. It wasn't enough rain but it did help my weeds grow. Hopefully we will and everyone who needs some rain will get there due. But until then I just keep squirting the water out of my little sprinkler hoping for the best.

hufhouse, I was in Ohio the week of July 7th and I saw all the brown lawns. I didn't realize it had been that bad out there. I was on vacation from Northern Maine and we have had plenty of rain here this summer. Hope you guys get some relief soon. Stan

Weather is an unpredictable thing. Here in Texas, we usually have 30-45 days each summer over 100 degF. Usually very hot, dry, dusty, and brown. This year so far we have had only one day of 100 degrees. Rain, green, creeks flowing, and generally cool and nice, but terribly HUMID. On hot summers, the humidity is low, maybe around 20-30 percent. This summer with all the rain, the humidity feels like Houston, which is around 90-100 all the time. Wet, pleasant, very unnatural summer for Texas. DaveG

Stan I am going to be in your area Aug 8th thu the 13th in Ashland. Getting married to a girl from Ashland. AS with you we have had more than our share of rain it rains just about every day here This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD