Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Deutz-Allis 914 hydro lift problem

ajbjeep

I have a problem with my Deutz-Allis 914.A father and son project,we took a hydro lift off a simpicity###?.Everthing fit perfect to our tractor but it will not lift our dozer blade.It will lift the mower deck with no problem.It is full of oil,it has a short hydro filter+it has no leaks.the tractor a got this from was from the bone yard , no engine to test the lift+the fluid was very clean in the hydro unit.I did not switch the pumps. thanks, Aaron

Aaron It should lift it. It is not as heavy as the mower deck. Did you check the keys in the bell crank of from the lift shaft is the arm moveing with weight on it? The other thing might be the seals in the lift cylinder leaking by. This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD

I am not familiar with your tractor but I do have a question. If you pull the lever in one direction the deck will raise. You would have to move the lever in the opposite direction to raise the blade? If this is the case could the lift quadrant be out of adjustment and cause this problem also? Is there a picture to look at? Is it like this? ScottS

Had the same problem when I replaced the Sundstrand hydro in a 919. It would lift the mower deck, but very slowly, and not at all with my son, (40 lbs) standing on the deck. The 919 had hydraulic lift, and the donor tractor did not. Between the two free wheeling valves, above the hydraulic ports, is a pressure relief valve. I removed the cap and found a much stronger spring in the hydraulic lift equipped hydro. Exchanged springs and it lifts the deck with me (190 lbs) standing on it. Checked parts manuals, and could not find a seperate listing for a different spring with hydraulic lift. Maybe some hydro expert out there can help. Pat

For pumps with ID# 1079, 1240, 1224 the spring is part #1652253. For pumps with ID# 1204, 1241, 1230 the spring is part #1667773. Spring #1667773 is used on pumps made for the hydraulic lift. I would get the #1667774 kit which includes the spring, o-ring, shims, and valve. You will probably also need to install a #1652238 Charge Relief Valve Kit in the front of the pump (the non-lift pump has no valve, only a plug). It's important that when you're done the "Charge Pressure" is set between 70-150 PSI, and the "Implement Circuit Pressure" is set between 630-780 PSI. Pressure is changed by adding/reducing spring shims.

Dutch thank you the spring was the problem.It will lift me and the dozer blade thanks for fast info. Aaron

Aaron, Glad to hear your lift problem is solved. Did you put a guage on the system? You don't want the higher "Implement Pressure" to backfeed and blow the seals or otherwise damage the hydro drive unit.