Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

garden tractor rendevous

JimV

Hi Guys, I'm not sure if this is the correct area to post this but I got a crazy idea. I was thinking about putting together a spring tractor rendevous with several of the garden tractor clubs out there. We could do tractor games, maybe some plowing or an informal pull and a swap meet. I know spring is a long way off but I thought I would throw it out there and see what everybody thought. Oh BTW on a side note I plan on putting togeather the Brooklyn gathering again this Oct. I'll keep you posted.

well, seeing how 67 people have viewed my post and I got 0 responses I'll take it that it might not be a great idea. LOL Oh well

Jim Don't give up hope yet yesterday was a slow day I think it would be a good idea. This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD

I agree with UCD. I'd like to see a meet in the Northeast that had all brands. The Cubs, Wheelhorses and JDs seem to really outnumber us at most events that I've been to... Where do you think you can find the space/facilities to put one on? kent The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

I THINK IT WOULD BE A GREAT IDEA. OBVIOUSLY THE LOCATION WOULD BE A KEY FACTOR. THIS SOUNDS LIKE IT COULD BE A LOT OF FUN FOR ALL REGARDLESS OF WHO'S TRACTOR YOU HAVE. IT WOULD CERTAINLY BE A GREAT WAY TO SWAP / SELL THE OTHER BRAND STUFF. I THINK THE THING TO DO WOULD BE TO MODEL IT AFTER A LARGE TRACTOR SHOW BUT THEN MODIFY IT TO THE NEEDS OF GARDEN TRACTORS. WITH THE RIGHT LOCATION YOU COULD REALLY DRAW A LOT OF TRACTORS FROM THE DIFFERENT N.E. STATES. I SAY, GO FOR IT. AL

I agree, it would be fun to have a meet of some kind out this way. I missed the last one because I was working, but with advance notice I could get vacation if needed.

Id think its a good idea as well but the only way i could attend if it was held in the midwest illinois area....mike

Jim > Dont let your idea get away. I am organizing my first show ever here in Ky. It will be an "all brand" meet with swap, show, and some "motion" features. I dont expect a big turnout this first show but I already have my two Simplicity's w/implements, four Wheel horse's, two Sears Surburbans,and two John Deeres' committed! Anything else will be icing on the cake! This show will be this fall (Oct.5th) in conjunction with a local Fall Festival a friend of mine works with. We will have a trailer contest and plow/drag/disc competion, and maybe more.I plan a spring meet too similar to your idea. You might want to think about having your spring fling where there is a community garden plot you could compete on and donate the "labor" for goodwill! good luck Jim. Larry

i too would love to see somthing in the northeast, i was working and could not make the orange MA show, any help you need drop a line

I have missed some of the shows in my area and would like the chance to rub elbows with some of the other tractor heads. epp.

Hi Guys, I'm glad to see there is some interest in it after all.I might try talking with the cadet guys and get there input on a spot for plowing and showing. And as I said before I plan on doing the Brooklyn show again this year. In fact I talked with Ed Bazanson the other night and told them the Siplicity /AC club would be back this year. I think an all brand all garden tractor get together would be great for the spring though.

Next year the feature tractor(s) at the New York State Pageant of Steam (Canandiagua, NY) is/are Massy Harris and GARDEN TRACTORS. I'll post the dates in June of '03. In '04 the feature is Allis Chalmers. Anyone in the northeast should try to attend with your garden tractors next year. FYI, a family membership is $10 and allows you to camp and exhibit all week.

Is the Brooklyn show at the fairgrounds in Brooklyn, CT? If so, what are the dates. Hopefully I will have my support plates finished by then.