Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Jonjacobson

Just joined this morning, I was wondering where you were all at. The Yahoo/Simplicity tractor group is pretty small, so I kept lookin'. I have a Serf 515, and I just purchased a Wonderboy 600 which I have not yet picked up. I know, I know, these are not really tractors in my book either but are still fun to collect. I collect all brands of L&G tractors and am still searching for my first A-C. I do have a 47' WC, but want something that will fit in my shed. Will keep an eye on classifieds here and ebay, if anyone knows of A-C or Simplicity L&G tractors for sale please let me know. Currently the newest thing I have is a 1971 MF7. I usually try to buy pre-1970. Thanks, Jon

Welcome, Jon! Glad you kept searching until you found us. We started on Yahoo in December 1998, but moved off it in the spring of 1999 and started this separate site.... It gives us a lot more flexibility, and doesn't flood us all with the junk email that a Yahoo site does -- Yahoo must sell their membership records or something... Glad to have you onboard. And, the smaller tractors are welcome. We even have a few members with "walking tractors" but there's not much talk about them -- probably because most of us don't know anything about them... Again, welcome! Kent The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

WELCOME JON. YOU'LL NOT REGRET JOINING THIS CLUB. GREAT BUNCH OF GUYS AND A WORLD OF KNOWLEDGE. JOHNP.............TALLMADGE OHIO

The WC sounds like a nice one. One of the first tractors I ever drove was a WD-45 while baling hay for my grandfather. I think I was 11-12 when I started. - Thanks god for a hand clutch! My father farms and still has the AC 7050 that I drove while plowing and sitting on his lap when I was about 4-5. I've finally purchased a L&G tractor out of the Simplicity line (sort of an AC) because I don't have a barn for a larger one. I can fit my 2110 Landlord easily next to my car in my garge. I'm in Grass Lake, MI.

You'll not regret opening this clubhouse door. We got a computer last winter and one of the first things I did after learning how to turn it on and get on the internet was look for information on Simplicity tractors (700). Did I get a shock when this flood of information came on! This has to be one of the best sites on the net, and keeps getting better. I think we should start a lottery to bet on when the 4,000th member signs on! The latest (IMHO) great happening was having a post that tells where to go to download Repair Manuals. Welcome, and Happy Tractoring! (Frank in Northern Maine).

I live in Accokeek, Md. ~20 miles south of Wash. D.C. I also really like Studebakers, I have been out to to South Bend a few times. John H

• 2 weeks later...
Jon, Welcome. I live in n/w Indiana area. Got bitten by the Chalmers bug and now I can't stop. Have a B-10 and a B112 and they really are great machines. The other guys are right, this is one great site, without it I would still be scratching my head, sure am glad I found it. Rebldr55

Welcome, I'm from South Carolina and I think you'll love this club. I've found good stuff for my A/C 616 and tons of info here. I've found some real nice people here and If you can't find what you need here, just ask and someone will probably have a link to where you CAN find it. TONY

Welcome, Jon I'm also into all things old. I guess it's probably from hangin' around my grandpa for most of my life. I'm from Rochester, Indiana. 45 years young, and my newest lawn tractor is also from 1971; A 728 broadmoor. Along with my 1967 2012 landlord. Have fun, Jeff jeffery d. wilson

Welcome Jon! I am sure you will enjoy this club. I check in every day at least once and sometimes five or six times. The group here is top notch in my book, and the wealth of information is beyond compare! from northern Kentucky, Larry

Jon, Welcome, this is a great site with a lot of nice people. It is the only site I regularly visit on the net. From Eastern Iowa, enjoy it. Al Eden

• 2 weeks later...
Welcome! Nice to have you with us... lot's of good boy's and lot's of knowledge makes for a great bunch of guys......... John

Welcome Jon, I can't repeat all that has been said except without this website, restoration of on old A/C or Simplidity would be very difficult. Not many old tractors in the North Texas region. I live in Grapevine, TX. Glad you're aboard. DaveG