Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

9020 Deck Belt size?

nighteye

The drive belt on my 9020's deck is a little loose, The number on it is "simplicity 1657044". I have found the Belt guide on this site and the number given for this unit is 170921. (92.9") Could I have the wrong belt on it? Have they changed the number? Should I stick with a Simplicity belt or has anyone found a quality replacement? Thanks alot Ken

Ken The Simplicity Belt book says Power max 9020 60" rotary mower P.T.O. Belt# 1657044 93.1" long type HA arbor drive Belt# 172444 116.1" long type HA My experience is an aftermarket belt will not last and most times you can not get the exact length need. This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD

I got a new deck drive belt for my 9020 recently. It came with a (well used) Gates B91 belt. The 'HA' designation in the Simple Tractors belt table may be incorrect. The pulleys on my 9020 and deck look to be appropriate for a 'B' belt. Carl

Carl The infomation i posted is straight out of the Simplicity Belt book used by dealers. This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD