Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

NEW CARB FOR B 10 ????

Vinnie_A

I am buying a new carburator for my B 10. One made in the USA costs $126 and one made in China costs $ 65. I have seen both, is there really that much difference in the quality???? This Quite a price difference,which one would you buy? This is for a show tractor that will see very limited use. I did buy the american made one for my B 110 work tractor and it works fine. Thank you, Vinnie

Not really an answer to your quesiton Vinnie, but, you could probably find a used one on eBay for $ 10 - 30 dollars. Try a search for 'Briggs'. Good luck! John(ri)

being a union worker i try to buy as much local/us made products as i can. but a good deal is a good deal. i would be interested tring the carb from china. where did you find them? where do i purchase one. thanks

A carb is a carb. If it is jetted (adjusted) correctly it should work fine. The only difference may be the looks and the actual hook ups to the throttle and air cleaner. I am currently running an 8Hp carb on a 10Hp engine. Very different setup but runs fine, and gives very good low speed power. Rod H.

• 4 weeks later...