Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I dont wanna make you cry but.......

Ok, ive heard stories like this before or was it all just a dream, check this out. Our local "green" dealer slipped something orange in his used lot a couple weeks ago, ive been working 12 hour shifts, days on end, couldnt get to it right away...... the tractor was on consignment, i checked it out, clean, not perfect but very clean, had to jump it to get it going, a little soot came out but idled good, high idle struggled a little. I consulted with Club member JP, who by the way is a quality guy, and tbolt, another gem. Anyhoo, the dealer explained that the tractor had been sitting for over 3 years and they hadnt looked it over yet, but claimed it had very few hours and some attachments and gave me the owners name and number. Heres what i got 7016 soverign tiller snowblower plow simp. dump cart wheel weights manual lifts the attachments are mint, i mean clean. The owner bought everything new, just for using at his "summer place" which by the way is twice the size of my house on an exclusive lake. he used the tiller for a 10x10 flower patch, the snowblower took "too much time" to hook up so he claims he used that only 3 seasons, get this, the dump cart has never been used, all orange paint in tact, tires show Zero wear. The deck was never used (lake owners lawn service) so he sold that years ago.( ive got one) So he only used the plow on his "occasional" winter visits to the "cabin". ive run it about an hour, no soot, no noise, tons of compression, power. All systems go. Did i score? yes i gave the guy 900 bucks. Ill post it in the gallery sometime in the future. Luck of the Irish Meade

Way to go Doug! that is kind of how I got my new 3012, except that is is a real project tractor and the dealer took it in trade. The attatchments were used but well taken care of. Luck to ya! Larry

Wife was even impressed............that gotta say something. How many of these are sitting somewhere, barely getting used, not getting used at all, in storage and so on....it makes you wonder??????? I got up this morning and cranked it up before coming to work.....nice.

Doug, Given it's condition and the attachments that came with it, I'd say you got it at about 1/2 price, or perhaps a bit better... You should be VERY pleased! Kent The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

Kent, Your right, i am, but my smart $%^ neighboor tried hard to ruin my "special tractor moment " by saying, "Itll look like the rest of them in 6 months"............some guys just cant stand to see anyone get a break. I will be using it alot, thats what i bought it for. Thanks fellas. Doug

Doug,heck with your murray drivin neighbor, you know what you got, we know what you got, cant wait to see some pics.Oh yea-youre wifes even happy. GOOD GOIN, TONY

Doug, Great Deal. I've been watching for a reasonably priced 7016H for a couple of years. No luck.However,I have developed a system for keeping my newly refurbed B110 looking good (not like the rest of my fleet). I hired my grandson,Brenden, to mow the lawn with it. I don't pay him untill all grass and dirt are washed off and tractor is put in the barn.Works great. Enjoy your new find. Jim

Jim, The fact is i only "wash" my stuff about once a year. I never beat my stuff, but i will use it hard, theres a difference, big garden, long driveway. Ive been looking at and for any orange for since i caught the fever thanks to this site......I gotta believe theres still plenty to be had..maybe.....thanks again. PS. I did wax the broadmoor last fall...... Doug

Doug, Way to go. I know what you mean about more of a/c,s out there. Just the other day on my way to work, I noticed an orange glow up the road as I got closer, sure enough a B-10 with no hood, hard at work pullin a dump cart, had my head turned so far I allmost met a tree. Sure felt GREAT to see it still in action. Rebldr55

Just a P.S. To my earlier reply. For all the a/c guys b/4 you call me color blind It must have been repainted. BUT IT SURE LOOKED GOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .

Update..... Soverign I adjusted the points, sprayed brake cleaner on them because of my greasy hands, TOTALLY went through fuel system, verdict, perfect. Im having a blast with this old girl, cant stay off it, tilling, mowing, dragging, shining deer (no gun), getting the mail, joyrides. Im thinking maybe a coast to coast trip any sponsers????? Broadmoor in regards to my other post. Pulled bowl, cleaned jets, emptied tank, new gas. Runs like a top. thanks to all for advice. Doug