Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Guest nevil9

Simplicity Sovereign advice

Guest nevil9
Hello - I am considering the purchase of a '99 Simplicity Sovereign 7780 18 hp KOHLER. Any thoughts or advice about this would be helpful. It has 75 hours on it, is garage kept, and looks to be in extremely good condition. Any ideas on what it's worth?

SmilinSam
Sold my 99' MF2818 equivalent last fall for $3000. It had somewhere around 200 hours on it. I gave $5400 for it new, tax and all.

Dutch
I believe the last Sovereigns were offered as 2000 models. The MSRP ranged from $5895 to $7425. Here's a link to the factory page, which is now "hidden". http://www.simplicitymfg.com/prodct/sov.htm There have been a few new "left over" Sovereigns on eBAY. Those brought offers of around $3500, but didn't sell. The 1999 Sovereigns had OHC engines, and there have been some complaints about them. As far as I know Simplicity no longer offers the OHC engine. I own a 1996 model with the OHV engine, and that's a fine machine.

AGCO918
I have a 1999 agco918/soverign with everything on it other than tac and paid $5700.00 with retailing at $7200.00 . I have had problems with motor put have it all taken care of. HAD TO HAVE a fuel pump put on and carberator and it runs better than ever. MY agco dealer had one this spring that sold for $2800.00. I love my agco918 and wouldnt part with it for nothing. I like the tractor more than the new models even though i would buy a new prestiage for $6000.00 in a hart beat if i had the money.If you can buy one for $3500.00 or less in good running order buy it and maintain it and you will have a good unit. TO be honest about it i wish simplicity wouldnt have stop making the soverign/agco918 because it is a great tractor. I would like to buy a prestiage and keep agco918 just to have around. agco918 chad e shafer CHAD E SHAFER(AGCO918)