Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Dadsy98

Well, I finally did it. I bought a perfectly nonoperational tractor. I blame it on the fever I caught on this site ! This came with the 42" deck and snow blower. Now... I need an engine for it ! I'd like to find a Kohler K241S as that is the original . Jacks has them but they are pricey. Locally, folks aren't much help. Could someone repost the garden tractor boneyards again? Steve

According to their site, Padgett's Small Engine warehouse has the older 16hp cast iron briggs like what was in the 7016 for $800. Should drop right into your machine: [url][/url]http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com/ProductList.asp?Category=Engine&Supplier=Briggs [url][/url]http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com/product.asp?PN=326431

Thanks for the info Brent. That's a bit better on price. I picked this up for $200. I'd like to stay cheap on this. I figure on getting an old engine in need of a rebuild. Once I have the 7010 going I'll tear into my 312 and just sorta alternate between the two. :) Steve

Check EBay.Small engines on there all the time. BTW,nice tractor for 200.Similar tractor around here is twice that. kenny

Steve, That's a really clean looking tractor. My 7010-6 (1977 #1690204) has a 10hp Briggs. Yours must be a 1978-1979 #1690333. I would imagine the Briggs will fit (maybe some wiring mods are needed), so you may have an option. I like my 6 speed better than my hydro for some chores. Good luck with it.

Hey, good idea Kenny. Never had a need for E-Bay I guess till now. This tractor sat for over two weeks at the roadside for sale. I would drive by and say to myself "if it's still there next week I'll go for it." I took a few pictures of it so my wife would approve... she did finally. ( that also ended my hunger strike ! ) Here is what she saw...

Yep ! It's a 1690333 Dutch. I was really impressed that this tractor and implements had the data plates intact. My AC312 just has a model plate. Oh, I still have lots of empty space for future DOA's.... Steve

My 3410 looks almost exactly the same, with the following missing; Carb/air cleaner, drive shaft, steering whee, and gas tank. Since I have not heard from anyone about the t13 homelite, I think that I will liberate those parts from the junker. I will still neeed a carb for the B&S 10 hp, Model: 243431 Type: 0627-01 Code: 7205301 Does anyone know where to get a carb for this tractor? John H