Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Crazy Prices

KenK

Went to an auction last week to look at a early B-10 and L-10 loader combo. The unit was all original,needed tires,paint and would guess it had not been run in 15-20 years so it probably needed some mechanical work also. It shot up to $1700.00 . On another note I looked at a B-210 this morning,complete tractor with no attachments that can be bought for $50.00. Right place right time. HAPPY TRACTOR HUNTING EVERYONE

Loaders are rare and will bring a minumum of $750 at auction in ANY condition, just supply and demand. The craziest price I have seen was last Friday at lunch, a can of Pepsi, diet Pepsi, Moutain dew, etc. was 50 cents. A bottle of water was a buck! Man, am I in the wrong business!

So, tell us the rest of the story...... The $1700 you paid for the B-10 tapped you out, and you didn't have $50 to buy the B-210?

Well Dutch the bidding started at $500 ,not to bad at first then steadily went to $1700. I set my limit at $1000,went by so fast didn't even bid. As far as the B-210, its setting in a dealers lot.I talked to the dealers neighbor who knew the price.I'll have to get back to him on Monday.