Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Rebldr55

Will it fit?

Rebldr55
Well i guess it was bound to happen. My first love (garden tractor that is) has lost the bearings in the mower deck, being the old gal she is i am gonna put her down for a complete rebuild. See, she was a flea market special and i got a real kick out of hearing her roar, (actually putt putt ) back to life and definately deserves a second chance. My question is, I now have acquired a b112 with a blown bgb. I know the main shaft is different, but will the gears or box from my b-10 fit. Would like to find out b/4 I pull it apart. Thanks for any help and a great web site. Rebldr55

Al
Hi, The early tractors all have the same parts in the bevel gear box. The exception is the cross shaft which varies with model. The later tractors that have the PTO clutch on the left side all use the same box. Nothing from the early box and the late box are interchangeable. Good luck, Al

Rebldr55
Al, Thanks for the info, as the grass is starting to get pretty tall. Need to do something pretty quick, I think my wifes out looking for the dog in it now... Rebldr55