Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
nheuer

Just got a 1970 Yeoman 627 for free

nheuer
Okay i have a couple of questions i just got this for free. !.) Tractor runs great for about and hour then seems to loose power like a valve is sticking. The motor is only 2 years old thou. 2.) what is the factory color called. It appears to be Chevrolet engine block orange. I had a can of that laying around and it appears to match pretty well. 3.) Is there any one that knows where i can find out how the wiring harness is sposed to be wired it doesn't appear to be right. Specially since it doesn't keep the battery charged. 4.) Where can i get new decals for it. I'm completely repainting the tractor but want to do it in the factory colors. I'm gonna give it to my dad who's 60 and still push mowing almost an acer of land. So i want it to look good as well as run good. Besides if I sand all the rust off and repaint it this sucker could last for another 32 years. Thanks Nick

Kent
If you can find the MFR number for it, you'll likely be able to download a manual for it from Simplicity's site. It would likely show you the wiring diagram... The Simplicity tech pubs site is in the Links section of the Clubhouse and on the Links page at Simple trACtors. kent The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

nheuer
Thanks for the info I found out that the Model # the old owner gave me was wrong. Its a 990579 Course I should of known better since he gave me the manual and on the outside of it it says 578 - 579 and he has 990678 written down inside the manual and thats wrong. But I found it now i cant wait to finish restoring it . I'll put a picture up when its done.