Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

simplicity paint formulas

terry

i am in need of original paint formulas or something that looks correct.with the code/formula.yr of car/truck it came off of. i am specifically restoring a 9020 power max,and would alos like the original red color of a 101 landlord,1966--thanks,terry garbig

Terry, This has been discussed numerous times in the past, by myself and many others. In short, it is pretty much impossible to get paint codes for your 101, not even Simplicity has them anymore. As far as the 9020 goes, you may have a chance. If you search the old threads long enough you'll see, Corporate Orange, Persian Orange, Old Chevy Engine Block Orange, A/C Orange, and also Simplicity Red as the correct color. I am redoing a 1967 - 2012, sandblasting pretty much everything. When removing old decals, the paint underneath looks very close to A/C Orange which just about everyone sells as an Implement paint. Good Luck. Mike

I just finished a 1940 Allis Chalmers B. Before Central Tractor (later Farm and Family) went out of business, I purchased a gallon of AC orange. I finished the tractor 2 weeks ago with Tractor Supply Co AC orange. Botton line...the colors were not even close. I sprayed 2 coats on everything (with hardener) of the TSC paint. It was much more orange then everything else. Good luck.

Terry, When I was still using paint for Johnny Buckets, I got it from NAPA auto supply. They had about 5 different shades of AC orange that they could mix. They had color chips for just about any type of machinery you could think of. If you need the color # I used, just send me email me for it. Good luck, John

Don't get Persian Orange #1 -- it is waaaaaaaaay too orange, IMO.... The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...