Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicities around every corner

Good_Ole_JR

Seems funny, I didn't realize it til now. I have several neighbors around me and along the 10 mile stretch of road going into town that use or own Simplicities. I know of at least five 3212's that are still going strong and there are several newer Sovereigns that are chewing grass, tilling gardens and shoveling snow when need be. Seems like every time I go into town there is orange somewhere doing the things that need done. There are a couple of green machines that are out there but, they are groossly outnumbered by the orange ones. I even know of an old A/C sitting a few miles away hidden under a tarp. I've been meaning to stop and ask if it was for sale but at this moment I don't exactly have funds to finance another project to await me in my garage. I need to get my own repaired first(BGB slop)!But, if I did have the funds...the yellow would be just as welcome to sit between my two oranges...LOL

The orange stuff seems to be thinned out in my area lately, the purchaseable stuff anyhow. Been finding Cub and Deere stuff to buy lately. Seems to sell good to their respective collectors on Ebay and elswhere................

It seems like all the old orange is still running strong around here. Everytime I need a part I have to go from West Virginia to Ohio to get my parts. Luckily there is a person that works on garden tractors in the state of Ohio that seems to have a few used parts I need, also there is a Simplicity AND a Deutz/Allis dealer within 15 miles of me. Now as far as the crow flies there is another Simp dealer within five miles of me but, to drive there it takes a thirty five mile trip. It would be simple if I had a boat to cross the Ohio river and I could save lots of gas...LOL!