Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
roma3112

help with thumb screws

roma3112
hi all I just received an order for a few things for my 3112 from jacks. My problem is that i had orderd (4) of the thumb screws for the hood pn#715037 they then crossed over to a new #1925205 jacks small engine didnt have a really great answer for me all the lady could tell me was "it must have been a swap from simplicity" I was hoping sombody out there may know of a new part # for these thumb-screws. I can use the hex head screws jacks sent me for now but they are really inconvenient to use. thanks john

Kent
Jack Lindstrom (happyjack) said a while back that you can get something close to the original thumb screws from a Toro Wheelhorse dealer.... I haven't tried it, but thought I'd pass this along. The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

TomSchmit
These thumbscrews with shoulders (almost identical to the originals) are readily available thru McMaster-Carr (lso have stainless!) Tom

Spyder
For the hood on my B-110, I used 4 common rubberized chair glides. These are available at any good hardware store. Get the kind that is threaded 5/16 X 18 and cut them off a little to fit. Then a washer and viola, youre done........DaveG Total cost, 2 bucks.

powermax_paul
I just used the flat 3/8" thumb screws from the hardware store cuz I didn't know what the original ones look like on my B207. Can someone post a pic of the originals?

Paul Kjorlie, The Norwegian

powerking_one
Rob-B, John, et all: Check out the item below. Looks like McMaster only offers them in stainless. MSC has them in zinc plated steel (box of 100 though) as well as stainless. If ya got an MSC branch office near you, remember, no shipping charge. http://www.mscdirect.com/MSCCatLookup2.process?MSCProdID=67385245 Man I love Al Gore's information super highway! Tom(PK)