Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

help with thumb screws

roma3112

hi all I just received an order for a few things for my 3112 from jacks. My problem is that i had orderd (4) of the thumb screws for the hood pn#715037 they then crossed over to a new #1925205 jacks small engine didnt have a really great answer for me all the lady could tell me was "it must have been a swap from simplicity" I was hoping sombody out there may know of a new part # for these thumb-screws. I can use the hex head screws jacks sent me for now but they are really inconvenient to use. thanks john

Jack Lindstrom (happyjack) said a while back that you can get something close to the original thumb screws from a Toro Wheelhorse dealer.... I haven't tried it, but thought I'd pass this along. The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

These thumbscrews with shoulders (almost identical to the originals) are readily available thru McMaster-Carr (lso have stainless!) Tom

For the hood on my B-110, I used 4 common rubberized chair glides. These are available at any good hardware store. Get the kind that is threaded 5/16 X 18 and cut them off a little to fit. Then a washer and viola, youre done........DaveG Total cost, 2 bucks.

I just used the flat 3/8" thumb screws from the hardware store cuz I didn't know what the original ones look like on my B207. Can someone post a pic of the originals?

Paul Kjorlie, The Norwegian

this message is for tomschmit can u please be anymore specific about the thumb screws you spoke of. a link or phone number or something thanks

Rob-B Check the club resorces it is there [url]http://www.mcmaster.com/[/url] This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD

Rob-B, John, et all: Check out the item below. Looks like McMaster only offers them in stainless. MSC has them in zinc plated steel (box of 100 though) as well as stainless. If ya got an MSC branch office near you, remember, no shipping charge. http://www.mscdirect.com/MSCCatLookup2.process?MSCProdID=67385245 Man I love Al Gore's information super highway! Tom(PK)