Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snow removal with a 7117

hufhouse

I'm thinking snow today... How do I find out what snowblower or snowplow fits my 7117? I looked in my manuals, but I couldn't find the info. I was playing around on e-bay, and I saw a snowblower on there, but I have no idea whether it would fit my 7117. Thanks for your help.

If you study the parts manuals for the snowthrowers listed in the above link, you'll find that (except for width) most are the same. The difference is in the hitch used to hook the snowthrower to the tractor. Your 7117 uses a single 147" belt that goes from the center PTO to the snowthrower. The proper hitch uses a single pulley. Older tractors power snowthrowers from the front PTO. I made a hitch that used 2 short belts and powers from the center PTO without repositioning the idler. http://www.simpletractors.com/do_it/snowthrower_hitch.htm As for snow blades, any that are made for a "Large Frame Tractor" will work. If you get one from a pre-running board tractor, you will have to modify the lift arm to clear the frame.

I also found out that some of the earlier 7100 series also used the front mechanical clutch just like the 7000 series..........