Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Uh oh, First Deeres..Now Cubs...whats next?

SmilinSam

Been really Dead around these parts lately for Simplicy/AC parts tractors. Last week I had a guy drop by and sold me a Cub Blade and a Cub Plow with Brinley hitch. A few days later I stopped by a yard sale and picked up a Deere plow, disk and front Blade. Today I was standing at a sale with Les Krieffels and bought up a 1650 hydro Cub Hydro lift and a complete rear tiller attachment-seeing as how there were no Simplicity/AC bargains........... You guys better keep an eye on me

I'll only get concerned if that trend continues into the winter... as long as you're still mowing grass, you'll have an Allis or Simplicity... The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

I wonder if your buying has anything to do with the scarcity of Simplicity stuff in your neighborhood? Besides, weren't you going to switch over to woodworking anyway?

Sam your going to have to expand your range, maybe put adds in Minneapolis, chicago, toronto, singapore, portland, austin, now that youve cleaned up your area....... Doug

Sam, I wouldn't worry too much until parts and attachments for Dynamark, MTD, etc., start to overtake your stock of Simplicity/AC. Pat

Well.....um.....uh....oh...gee......uh.. I did buy an MTD tiller attachment for a MTD garden tractor while I was there too...............to resell of course!! I am getting the woodshop in order, but I still need to sell parts to make some spending cash. I am in the process of replacing some of these infernal Craftsman tools, got a Bostitch N62 finish nailer kit last week, the Delta Bandsaw is on order, and the Dewalt cordless drill kit is on the way. Still need to finance a Delta Lathe and restock my supply of antique Stanley hand tools...and replace my rinky dink fine dust collector.. Dutch, I dont mind disassembly and selling, but I want a vacation from repairs and restoration. At least 6 months........

C'mon over to Northern Indiana,Sam They're still plentiful,although you gotta look deep to find deals.Right now I have 6,no room for any more.I know of at least 2 others free or nominal price.Turned down about 6 others when people won't give you a price,or want some astronomical amount.