Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
stumpy

WA Antique Power Exposition

stumpy
While returning home yesterday I had the good fortune to stop at the Central Washington Antique AG Equipment Exposition in Yakima/Union Gap, WA. The museum site itself covers 15 acres....lots of large equipment, crawlers, etc. (hundreds of pieces) in the collection, along with several Gibsons. Not much for garden tractors there for the show, with the notable exceptions of several very nice 1940's Gibsons, a 1960 Wheelhorse, two late-60's Case tractors and a Simplicity diesel. One fella had a Fairbanks-Morse 5 hp stationary motor powering a scratch-built tractor set-up. Looked very nice and really flew around the place. There were also several home-built crawler and garden tractors from the 40's-50's running Wisconsins in the 10 hp and under range. Lots of johnny-poppers, an old Rumley oil-burner, and a 1908 Avery 16-48 steam tractor in beautiful running condition. When the parade was over they ran lines from the Avery boiler to a 2 cylinder stationary steam engine hooked by belt to a large vintage ice-cream maker. Kids were selling cones for a buck made while-u-wait...durn good stuff too! The gathering is held the third weekend of August each year. AC/Simplicity folks in the NW should try to show some yellow and orange next year. The weekend of September 14 a threshing bee and antique ag power show is being held at Olmstead Place State Park alongside Interstate 90 just east of Ellensburg, WA. The park is a restored homestead/farm, one of the earliest in the area. It's always quite a time. I'm planning on taking my B-112 down, and know of at least one vintage Wheelhorse planning to show. Anybody else within striking range with orange or yellow planning on coming so my "B" isn't too lonely? Bob "Stumpy" Hazelbrook