Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Dutch

Grader Blade - "Last Call"

Dutch
This is a "Last Call" reminder for a grader blade on the next order. I must get the order to the factory this week. You can email me at [url]herb.niewender@att.net[/url] If you don’t know what this is all about, click this link > http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8519

nheuer
How often do you order them? I'm not ready to order one yet. Next question is will it fit on a Yeoman 627. I'm new to Simplicity tractors well tractors altogether to be honest i just got one for free and basicly rebuilt it for my dad. I was just wonder if it would fit on his tractor and if anyone knew if they made a snow plow for it thats what he realy wants. Thank Nicholas Heuer nheuer@sgi.net Nick Heuer

Dutch
Adam, Send me an email with your ZIP CODE and I'll calculate your exact total cost. I must place the order with the factory this week, so act quick if you want one from this shipment. To email me, Click Here > [url]herb.niewender@att.net[/url] Nick, The blade will fit just about any tractor. To me a Yeoman seems kind of light duty, but a local guy put one on a Craftsman lawn tractor, and loves it. There is no regular ordering time. This will be the second order. I give club members first chance at $99, the remainder will go on eBay. This is mostly a hobby for me. I must order at least 25 at a time, so the first time I can't sell the blades will be the end of them.

Dutch
Nick, I decided to order a second batch after I tested the ebay market with 2 blades from the first batch. Between the ones I plan to sell on ebay, and local buyers (the Deere dealer wants 10), that was 25. With the response from club members, it looks like I'll be ordering close to 50 this time.

Roy
Herb, You are doing so good with grader blades how 'bout making an anti-blowout kit for my 42" mower deck along with a kit to reduce air filter clogging for the Kohler OHC twin engines?

Roy

Dutch
Roy, Regarding the deck "blow-out", I made a baffle, but it only makes the problem moderately better. Here's what I'm doing & planning to do. 1) Mowing when grass is damp (hate to do it but can't stand the dust). 2) Attaching vac when leaves are present. 3) Going to contact Simplicity to find out if they have a fix. 4) Going to replace the Gull Wing blades with straight. As for the air cleaner, 1) Got to study that situation some more (don't want to make any mods that will affect carb settings vs heat, air flow, etc). 2) Maybe mount a remote air cleaner (even if it means cutting a hole in the hood?).

Roy
Herb, Got a response from Simplicity tonight. First, they do not make a anti-blowout kit for 42" decks and have no plans to do so since they have discontinued production of the 42's. Second, they suggested a rubber strip on the front of deck ala your design. Third, they suggested switching to straight blades instead of the standard gull wing design to recess the blades up in the housing a bit more. The P.N. for straight blades for my 42" deck is 1656144. They evaded my questions related to air filter clogging and referred me to my local dealer to check the hydro pressure concerning the power steering lag and implement lift lag. At least they took the trouble to respond to my questions but I feel like I ate a meal and am still hungry. Cheers,

Roy