Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
TomSchmit

Front wheel spindles

TomSchmit
In the classified ads of the old website, someone had listed an ad offering "improved" front wheel spindles for the big Simplicity tractors (Pow'rmx, 4040, etc). I believe he was in Oregon or Washington. Anybody remember this, or know how to reach these guys? Tom

JP
This is Jim Fling's number 503-645-3396 Althought I have not used these, seems as though he picked up where Simplicity left off & looks pretty good! This was his e mail jlf@spiritone.com Let me know how it works out! JP

a7117puller
I'm thinking of having a loader made, but i need to know if the existing front spindles would hold up on the 7117. Or would i just have to somehow put heavier spindles on?, and i cant find a short/narrow tire for the front of the puller, cause its 3/4", and everything is 5/8", HELP PLEASE!

HubbardRA
Adam, If you need to change to smaller tires and wheels on your puller, you need to remove the bearings and replace with ones having a larger hole. If you can't find the right size roller bearing, you can do like I did on my son's puller and use bronze bushings. These can be machined to fit. They are not a problem because you are doing very little driving compared to mowing or other usage. We are running five spoke aluminum wheels from a mini bike on our puller with bronze inserts instead of ball bearings. Rod H.