Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

PTO BELT

brian

I posted a meesage yesterday about a belt for my allis chalmers model 608 lawn tractor. The belt I am referring to is the belt that drives the mower deck from the engine itself. I guess it is called a pto belt. Anyway it drives the 36" mower deck. The belt that drives the three blades is okay but I need to know what size the pto belt is. (length & width) Sorry I wasn't more specific earlier.

Brian For the second time Brian The belt book says 1969/72 Model 608 MFG# 1690066 Model# 1690023 36" rotary mower P.T.O. Belt#1713515, Length 78.1" long, Belt type HA 1/2' wide 11/32' thick Arbor drive Belt#1713549 70.1 type HA This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD

UCD is correct. The AC 608 = Simplicity 5008 which used a 3 blade, 2 belt 36" mower similiar to the original Broadmoor or AC Homesteade series. The AC 608LT or 608LTD = Simplicity 4200 series 2 blade, 1 belt 36" mower. Then we have the 616 and 620 PowerMax series - A little confusing to say the least! "Allis-Chalmers later introduced the 608/610/611 series of small frame lawn tractors, adding "confusion" to the series number, since they have nothing in common with the 616 or 620. This "confusion" continued when the 620 later became the 720 . . ." :)

Sometimes you just hate to type a question out here thinking that it might be a dumb question. But sometimes you just don't know the answer, however dumb the question is. And not saying this one was a dumb question because it isn't. BUT when you get a response like yelling the answer back at you especially highlighted and extra extra large (large does mean yelling for as long as I can remember on the internet) makes you want to never get back on here again. Especially from a moderator to a new member. I understand that he might not have understood you the first time but remember (no question is a dumb question no matter how many times asked). Makes me think twice again about selling all my tractors and finding another hobby.

KSEVER: Being shouted at using a computer doesn't bother me at all. I may not be a mechanic or a computer wizard, but I try and due my best. If someone gets his jollies being rude using a computer, I consider myself lucky that I'm not dealing with him in person. Thanks for posting your comment Brian

Brian & KServer No Question asked here is a dumb Question. It would help if people would read the replies. I posted it that way so it wouldn't be missed the second time. I posted the same reply the day before. I included all the belt info for the tractor I had info on. Why ask a question if you don't read the reply and ask the same question again? I gave more information than was asked for.
quote:
Posted - 08/19/2002 : 00:06:35 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Brian The belt book says 1969/72 Model 608 MFG# 1690066 Model# 1690023 36" rotary mower P.T.O. Belt#1713515 78.1" type HA Arbor drive Belt#1713549 70.1 type HA This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD
If my answers from the book are not wanted I will not give them. Very easy to solve the problem. You can take this for what it is worth. (Nothing) This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD

Guys, I deleted my reply to this question since it apparently contained inaccurate info. and I do not want someone in the future to reference it.....Art And if you don't like it, you can take it and stick it where the sun.......just kidding, really!!!......BTW, I wish I knew how to make big powerful words, not just these silly little ones....

Brian, After reading your post, I can understand your confusion. All us have things we don't quite "catch". I just asked Kent a question about the site. When I got the answer, I said to myself DUH!!!!!!!. None of us are perfect, so don't be discouraged. I have 6 employees and often have to deal with issues more that once before I have made what I am trying to make clear to them clear to them. I can choose not to, but I lose, if I don't, a the next time they won't ask and I won't get what I want. I will pay because I have to pay to have it done over. They will adopt a If he don't care about taking time to deal with my problem, why in the h___ should I care about him. Hang in, we often do or say things we would say differently in retrospect. When I am mad I usually measure my words, because the less bitter they are, the easier they are to swallow when I have to eat them when I cool down. Welcome to the club, It is the best on the net, and we all want to help. Remember every one has 20/20 hind sight. Good luck, Al Eden