Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
michaelcrowe

B-112 battery size, pos or neg ground?

michaelcrowe
Can anyone tell me the size of the battery or better yet the model # of one you have in your tractor? I have a B-112 that is all original. Does it have a pos or neg ground? Also where is a good place to get belts for the mower and snow blower. Thanks. michael crowe P.s. I also need the following. the center pto knob, the handle to turn the discharge chute on the snow blower, original manuals. Thanks. Michael Crowe

dirtsaver
Michael if I remember right,the B-112 is almost the same aas my Simplicity 3012. It is - ground and the battery I use is a Everstart #51-4 from Wal-mart. They are $39.95 but are a big battery with 530 cranking amps at 32 degrees and they have a two year free replacement/24-72 month prorated warrenty. If you prefer Deka the pn is 22NF. These batteries have auto type terminals and are app. 9"L x5"D. Hope I've helped some! Larry

powerking_one
Michael, As Larry stated, the correct battery is a group 22NF (Non-Ford). It is a Negative ground system. Click on the link below to see the BCI dimension charts. http://www.rtpnet.org/~teaa/bcigroup.html Chao, Tom(PK)

HubbardRA
They are all negative ground. I just measure the case and buy the largest capacity battery that will fit. Actually the last one came from WalMart and was $29.95. Rod H.