Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Yeoman627

Dump Cart Recommendation

Yeoman627
Hi - Anyone looking for an inexpensive dump cart to tow behind your Simplicity - check this out ... I just purchased a new 17 cu. ft. dump cart from Home Depot. It's made by Gleason Corporation (Model LC1700HD). It is much better quality than the 10 cu. ft. Brinly-Hardy that I own (although similar design - it's heavier gauge steel, electrically welded, no sharp edges, and has a better gate system) and only cost $200. I brought it home unassembled. Assembly was easy - my 8-year old son put most of it together with minimal assistance. It hooked up to my Broadmoor nicely. Perfect tow bar height for a nice level ride.

mbrook
I've been looking for a dump cart. But all I seem to find are the cheap ones. I was wondering what the bottom of the cart at the back is like. All the ones I see seem to have the back edge of the bottom of the cart folded down. Which causes the cart to dig into the ground when you dump it. Thus making it very difficult to dump the cart and move foward at the same time. Does this brand and model have that edge or is it smooth on the bottom at the tailgate? Also do you know of a web site where I could see some pics of it?

Yeoman627
It has 16 (slotted pan head) bolts that secure the cart body to the under carriage and pedestal. With respect to the bottom back of the cart, it is folded over like you described. I have not had problem with it 'digging in', but I can see where it could be a problem. Perhaps there is a cheap solution (ie: piece of PVC pipe ?). I'll take some pics and post them so everyone can see it.

mbrook
Here is a pic of my neighbors dump cart. It helped alot with the job I had (15 yds of shredded bark). But the quality just isn't there and if you look close you can see the bottom edge that "digs in" when you dump.