Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
JohnInMI

Center Blade

JohnInMI
I have found a 42" center blade for $150. Not sure of the condition, just talked to the guy on the phone. Do you guys think it is worth it? I was thinking about trying to mount it under my Landlord when I use the snowblower, just to make sure the driveway is clean. I would need to go through the process of a right hand lift also. How well do the snowblowers work at getting close to a concrete driveway? I live in Michigan so sometimes if there is just a bit of snow left it melts and turns to ice through the course of the day. I guess I could just shovel the last bit that is left also (nah). I hooked up the snowblower this weekend and seems to work fine. (just bought it two weeks ago from another club member) It's a single belt and the two pulleys hit at low speed. I didn't have the belt stops set correctly though. (those seem to be a pain to set - I'm a bit surprised) and that could be root cause.

BrownA
I don't believe you can have the center mounted grader blade and a snowblower attachment on at the same time. I don't know what you have for a tractor. My B-210 uses the same mount holes for both so you can only have one or the other. What model do you have ?