Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Leroy

Were there any small Fords with PTO's

Leroy
A wifes Unkle said he had a old Ford mower that was bigger than my 7117 and had a live pto. anyone have any idea what model that would have been?

acjohn
Not sure of models but Ford did use Kohlers with oil pan welded to tractor frame and a front electric pto clutch like the AC/Sims. They were shaft drive and used a (smaller?) BGB.

Leroy
I have not seen this one but he did decribe the pto, it was in the back. Oil pan welded to the frame would ensure the oil was chaned for sure. He said there was a wire leading from the clutch back to the transmission or some place back there and he could not get it fire up. the neighbor kid figgered it out and so he had the neighbor kid mow his grass. and eventually sold it to him for 50 bucks . Im aiming to trade the kid out of it using a Remote control Airplane and all the gear that goes with it.

schaefer72
ford made a whole line of garden tractors similar to a.c. or simp. with all the same attachments - some had hydraulics - some had manual lifts - my neighbor has a ford lgt 145 - 14hp ?- with several attachments - his has a shaft that you engage to activate rear pto for tiller and such - i know i have seen several groups devoted to them - check yahoo clubs or msn groups and search garden tractors - good luck

Al
Hi, I don't remember the model, but about 3 years ago I t raded for a Ford that was about the size of a 720 Allis or a 400 Deere, maybe slightly larger. It had a K582 Kohler, foot hydro, 5 ft mid mount mower, power steering, live hydraulics, 3 pt, rear PT O and was a rugged tractor. It had a problem with the hydro warm and I sold it to a guy outside of town. He fixed the hydro and uses it all the time. It was the first and only one I have ever seen. [Blue and white] Al Eden