Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
khtsr

Late mod Broadmore mower deck.

khtsr
A friend of mine has a late mod Broadmore with 44" deck and a blower/vac mounted on the righ side of the deck. Problem is that at normal mowing height eveythig is ok, try to raise it for hot weather mowing 3" or so and the left side goes up from the weight of the blower on the right. Simplicity has been giving him the runaround about it. Any answers? ken

JeffNemes
What model is this? Are you sure it's not a Regent? They have a spring loaded counter-balance that works quite well. It's hard to believe that the full rollered Broadmoor would be able to tilt unless its coming out of the front support some how or the hitch is cracked or loose. Has he checked the blade level and pitch? Also would not be a bad idea to remove the deck and check that each side of the blades are on the same plane.

Al
Ken, Jeff is right on. One other thing in the front the bar that is the release for the front mount of the mower. On the early Bmores this bar is round material. On the later ones the bar has 2 flats one on each side. Thes flats were added to take up the slack in the front hitch. If it has the round one replacing it with the newer type may help. Let us know more of the details. Good luck, Al Eden

khtsr
It is not a blade tracking prob. or a mount prob, other than there is no way to compensate for the weight of the blower. His solution is going to be to add a counter weight to the left side equal to the weight of the blower. Still unhappy with the fact that Simplicity keeps giveing him the runaround about it. It cuts circles around anything around the neighborhood at 2" or less. It works ok without the blower installed. Ken