Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Apology letter about tractor convo.

66Landlord101Guy

Sorry about that post the other day. I was just so angry because here was a tractor that was all original the way I liked it, and someone modified it. I have a bad habit of when I am mad, I dont think before I speak. It is a matter of opinion, and I should have taken that in mind. Ive liked antique stuff since age 1, and I have always liked it better when original. So, I appoligize about the Wards forum, and I feel like a total IDIOT. So, please accept my apology from the bottom of my soul. If you wont, I will understand. Its just the rarer they get, the harder it is to find a Wards, so that was why I was angry. Post a reply to this if you accept or decline this. Once again I am extremely sorry, and I cant get over what I said. And for the people who like to modify,as Tim Taylor says......MORE POWER!!!!! And you know, now that I think of it really hard. Sometime more power is a really good thing. Thanks for reading this and I hope you accept it, Ben Scovil, 12, Dover, DE

The only thing you should apologize for is lying about your age. You sound a lot more mature than 12. Just kidding about the lying part. I hope my sons are as smart and articulate as you when they reach your age. Un-necessary apology accepted. Brent

Ben, I'm puzzled. By your club name, 66Landlord101Guy, it sounds like you have a 66 Landlord 101. That's what I have. Does the fact that you're looking for a Wards Squire mean you're trying to start a collection? When I was your age we had a 62 Wheel Horse 702 and I've loved these tractors ever since. Now that I am 52, I have the Landlord, 3 Wheel Horses and a John Deere. Be careful. It's addictive! Happy collecting. Jeff Snyder - Salida, Colorado PS The Landlord is the only one restored and running and pictures of it are in the gallery.

ive been following your all of your entries and you are very well spoken in all of your topics. good job keep up the good work.

Ben, Are you sure you're only 12 years old? Have you checked your birth certificate lately? I think the written skills you exhibit would give a lot of 12th graders a run for their money. Bet you could score at least a 700 + 700 on the S.A.T's if you took them now! It's a pleasure having you as a member of this club, as well as your "old iron/tractor morals". Tom(PK)

No apology necessary.I didn't see anyone get upset,or out of line. Everyone has an opinion,and around here,they're all welcome. kenny

No apology necessary. Say what you wish, and take what results. I started the commentary on your post, but I was not upset. Just wanted you to know that there are lots of different opinions on this site. Welcome to the site, we will enjoy having you. I wish I sould get my 13 year old son into the collection of tractors as you are. He only wants to drive them. He is, however, very attached to my 61 Wards. He will not even drive my 77 AC 716H. By the way, If you say something un-popular, it will get blasted by the others. I have come to the conclusion that if I don't get blasted, then I have not stated my point correctly. Anyway, don't take any of my comments personally from the first post. I welcome you to the club, and hope you can get as much enjoyment from being a member as I do. Rod H.