Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
PatRarick

Who's crazy now?

PatRarick
Went out to mow my own lawn today. Drove my 914H off the trailer and out to the shop to fuel up. Started it up to mow, and the dang thing wouldn't move. Didn't take long to see that the axle tube was broken. It is broken in almost a perfect ring at the grease fitting. Can't understand what happened. this tractor has pulled nothing but itself since the day it was new. Last winter, my wife told me I was crazy when I purchased a complete hdro rear end from a 7112 on e-Bay, for $75. It was in southern MN. When I called the seller to ask if I could leave it at his place until I went to Mpls in April, he told me that he was originally from Fargo, ND, about 50 miles away. His parents and in-laws still live there and he comes up to visit almost every other week. He told me he would deliver it free on one of his trips up here. Nooo problem. He delivered it a week later. This past summer, I sold the hydro (installed), for $275. Now, what do you suppose a crazy person like me should do with the rest of the rear end? Pat

HubbardRA
My wife used to fuss at me for collecting parts in the garage or back yard. Now when anything breaks, her first question is "Do you have anything in the garage to fix this with?" Unfortunately, the answer is usually "yes dear", which gets me many "honey do" projects. She does, however, overlook most of my acquisitions. Rod H.