Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
gretsch

Interchangeability

gretsch
I was looking through the 78 Simplicity sales booklet / brochure for that years tractors. They offered a 7010, 7012, 7014, and a 7016 (what I still have) and they all look very similar. I know there is engine and tranny differences, but are there any other differences? Were the body size, rearends, motor mounting dimensions, ect... the same? Ie: Would parts, motors, decks, ect be interchangeable between a 7010, 7012, 7014, and a 7016? I am just curious, but the knowledge could come in handy in the future.

Brent_Baumer
From what I have seen (and I am NO expert) they're all the same tractor except for the engines and the width of the tires. The 7010's and '12's have 8" width rears and the '14's and '16's have 10.5" rears. Haven't noticed any difference in transmissions except I have never seen a 7010 with a hydro or 7016 shuttle. Don't know for sure what was offered with what. Attachments should all work but a 48" deck is a bit much for a 7010 although it will hook-up. I used to own a 7010 and have interchanged tillers, decks and a snowblade between it and a 3416H and an DA (AC) 916H. All this info may be in error, just going by what I have seen. Anyone else? Brent

gretsch
According to the brochure, the 7010 was manual tranny, 7012 was hydro, 7014 was shuttle shift, and the 7016 was manual or hydro. Mainly curious about size and interchangeability. Example: would a 7012 hydro mount up to a 7016 hydro unit, 7010 mount up to a 7016 manual unit, ect... without any alterations. Mostly curious about engine and implement interchangeability.

Brent_Baumer
Be easier to swap engines if you really wanted to make a 7010H or 7016S etc. From what I could tell the frames are the same. Brent

MikeES
The 7000 series frames are all identical. They all contain all the mounting holes and pivot points for all transmissions and engines. Good Luck! Mike S.

HubbardRA
I used parts from a 710 to resurrect a 716H. Freames were the same except the hydro stick mounting was not in the 710 frame. I used wheels, lift, front axle, and 42 inch mower deck with all mower mountings, and rear fenders. All were direct bolt on. Everything appears to be the same. Rod H.