Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

How did dealers mount rear Landlord light?

JDSnyder

Was the rear light on Landlord 101's and AC B10's mounted on the rear fender/seat deck or on the seat back? Was there a bracket or did they mount through a hole in the deck? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks, Jeff Snyder

They mounted on a bracket that attached to the right seat back/arm rest tube. See the picture at the bottom of the page on this link: http://www.simpletractors.com/images/wiring/lights_b1-big10.jpg Knowing that I had to fabricate a bracket, I used a slightly different approach on my Big Ten. I made a bracket that also corrected the common problem of "droopy armrests." I used a piece of 1" stock, heated it, and twisted one end 90 degrees. Then I drilled a hole through that twisted end to mount the light on. I drilled two other holes in it, to bolt to each armrest tube. You can't see it too well in this picture since it's painted yellow, but the bracket goes across the entire back of the seat, behind the toolbox. The armrests are now even more sturdy than the ones on my B-210 which has a chrome tube that runs from one armrest to the other. A bigger version of that picture is at this link: http://www.simpletractors.com/images/big10_delux/Dcp00306.jpg Kent The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

Here's how my Landlord 2110 was mounted: http://www.simpletractors.com/gallery/original_2110.htm But it has a flat hood and rear fenders (aka Mack Truck), not the rounded ones.

Thanks for the input guys. Did you run the wire for the light inside the tunnel, under the frame, or where? Thanks.

I run mine through the tunnel -- through a clear plastic tube to prevent it from chafing on the driveshaft or some other moving part. The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

I ran mine through the tunnel, and did about the same thing as Kent. I ran the wire through 3/16" clear plasting fuel line in the tunnel and where it passes around the seat pan "hinge". Pat