Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

loaders

ok, newbie here looking for info on loaders for garden tractors. Are the ones for ac/simplicity the same as the johnson model 12 for the cub cadets?

Can't tell you, cause I am not familiar with either. I am, however, designing my own from scratch. I am sure you can adapt the Cub loader if you make the necessary mounts. Most of these loaders came from only one or two companies, and were adapted to the various tractors. Rod H.

The L-10/L-12/L-112 family of loaders (and the Simplicity equivalents) is not the same as the Johnson loaders. I've heard, but don't know for sure, that these loaders were actually made by Allis-Chalmers themselves. They're designed to specifically fit these old tractors, while the Johnsons were a "universal aftermarket." For example, the factory loaders:
  • used the upright in front of the hood for the hydraulic fluid reservoir
  • mounted the pump on the loader, not on the engine, so everything goes on/off as a complete package
  • mounted to the front axle pivot bolt using an adapter
  • replaced the bracket that holds the back of the front axle's wishbone with a wider one that had mounting tabs on the end
  • used two different types of rear mounts for the subframe, depending upon whether the tractor was a long wheelbase (variable or hydro) or short wheel base (gear tranny)
  • the weight box attached to the rear of the subframe, not to the tractor
. The Johnson or other aftermarket loaders could be adapted to these tractors, but you'd need to design your own subframe. BTW, the factory subframes were also designed specifically so you could leave center attachments (mower deck, grader blade, etc.) attached while the loader was on the tractor. Here's a link to the owner's manual so you can see how all this works together. http://www.simpletractors.com/operation/515_loader/front_loader_515.htm The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...