Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mjb20

Broadmoor 728

Guest mjb20
Several years ago I purchased a Boadmoor Simplicity 728 with a 8 HP B&S engine which has done fine up until this season. The problem is the engine runs fine with full throttle and no choke. As it warms up, it needs more and more choke to stay running. Eventually it sputters out. I have drained the old gas, replaced the spark plug, and took down the carb and cleaned it up, but the problem persists. Any thoughts out there??? mb

HubbardRA
Could be a leaky head gasket. If the gasket is leaking, you will need to replace it. They have small dimples in them, and once you get oil and carbon in thsed, the gasket will not re-seal even if you tighten it. You may also want to check your valve clearance. Rod H.

Guest lparky
[quote]Originally posted by mjb20: Several years ago I purchased a Boadmoor Simplicity 728 with a 8 HP B&S engine which has done fine up until this season. The problem is the engine runs fine with full throttle and no choke. As it warms up, it needs more and more choke to stay running. Eventually it sputters out. I have drained the old gas, replaced the spark plug, and took down the carb and cleaned it up, but the problem persists. Any thoughts out there??? mb Be absolutely sure the highspeed needle seat in the bottom of the carb is screwed fully into the carb body and tight. They tend to back out due to vibration. Had the same problem you are haveing on several occasions. Easy to miss.too. Lparky