Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

so is a 6216 different than a 7117H

skiing_xtreme

I know they are different but does that mean everything is different . ARE the 7117h side shaft? this is my question i need a hitch for my 6216 and a guy here has one from a 7117 does it work. I'm guessing no but would like to know why? next question anyone have one that I need!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok i was having a bad day sorry!

The 6000 series compares to the 7000 series as much as ice skates compares to skis. Here's good place to start reading about them > http://www.simpletractors.com/Main/quick_ref.htm

Which hitch are you asking about ? I sucessfully modified a new style snow plow "quick hitch" to mount up on my 6216 with little trouble. I just cut off the round crossbar and drilled holes through the stubs of the shaft where they were welded into the side plates. I suspect that the width at the mounts on the front axle are the same for the 4K, 5K 6K and 7K series machines. Happy tractoring

quote:
Originally posted by dutch: The 6000 series compares to the 7000 series as much as ice skates compares to skis. Here's good place to start reading about them > http://www.simpletractors.com/Main/quick_ref.htm
Just for the record I knew they where different my question was will the same attachments work. It says nothing about pulleys where you sent me, and the part number are one # off usually just means they have not enough holes or are mising piece for application in car parts that are oem. Though this was a place to ask question not get critized. If you had the time to read my question i'm sure you could have answered it to, but thanks for the sarcasm to read, it just goes to show how helpful people really are!

Most of the attachments will work if you have the correct hitch. The attachments didn't very often change but the hitches did from series to series. The hitch for a 7117 will not work on a 6216 but the snowblower will with the correct hitch which is the one below. [quote]Originally posted by UCD: Read the auction discription and you will know what it fits And yes a 6216 is a 6000 series tractor and it's a 1690556 and attaches to a 1691035 6216 tractor [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9105[/url] This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD

Mark, On 09/02 you posted a vague question asking about a snowthrower and a 6216 tractor. No members took their time to respond. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9075 On 09/04 you posted another question asking about the difference between snowthrower hitches. I took my time to look up the numbers you posted, and answered your question the best I could based on the limited information you provided, and explained the difference between 6000 & 7000 series tractors as succinctly as possible. I also asked you for additional information so I could assist you further. You did not respond. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9139 On 09/04 you posted another question regarding a snowthrower hitch being offered on eBay. Even though club member UCD has nothing to do with that hitch, he took his time to answer your question (it would have been more appropriate for you to pose your question to the eBay seller). http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9105 You then posted this thread asking the same questions that I answered previously. Assuming you didn’t understand my previous answers, I stated, “The 6000 series compares to the 7000 series as much as ice skates compares to skis.” That is true! I also provided you with a link where you could start to find additional information. That page says “nothing about pulleys”? That’s a shame! You may have had to read another page………….. Since I had the time to read your questions, I did answer them. It’s unfortunate you don’t believe or understand my answers. Do you expect members to compare 6000 and 7000 series tractors part by part for you? The tractors are different! The hitches will not interchange! It’s that simple! Just for the record, which part of my answer did you find critical, and which part sarcastic?

Herb, I think you were very patient and generous with your time spent on this new guy's sketchy (at best) questions and problem description. What do you think about adding a new "feature" for new membership signup? It would go something like this: enter all your required personal information, then you'd be directed to a section which would test you on TYPING OUT basic sentence structure, capitalization, and punctuation. The final most important section would involve basic search, navigation and lookup tasks within the forums and around the website. Tom(PK)

Makes me want to pull my hair out (what's left of it) at times. Vague questions are bad enough, but an apparent refusal to accept an answer is worse. Like Maynard, I don't have a way with words. Herb, you came through again. As to the difference in hitches, it would be much easier to explain how they are alike. That would be, "in no way, shape, or form." Pat

Tom, Thanks for your support. I’m sure you’re just joking about a new sign up feature. Many of us have our personal pet peeves (I guess one of mine are most of the “What’s it worth?” questions). In Maynard’s recent post > http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9152 he would like to see more members “READ”. So would I, but that’s not going to happen (see my response to Maynard). Everyone is different. Some “catch on” sooner than others. I remember when I first found this website, I had just acquired a 7010 Landlord. I didn’t know it was a large frame tractor (Sovereign), and couldn’t understand why nothing about the late model Landlords (small frame) seemed similar. As I attempted to learn about Simplicity tractors, and asked questions, some of the answers I received were very helpful. Others were vague, misleading, and a few were even wrong. But all the answers got me thinking for myself and researching. Some folks may become frustrated in their quest for information. Others may be unable to articulate their questions. Newbies may not even know enough to ask a meaningful question (that’s were I was when I first joined. Only a few act as though they have paid a fee to join this club, or club members are their personal paid consultants. To me, diversity is one of life’s spices. I do not hesitate to express my opinions, and believe everyone has that same right. If Mark (skiing_xtreme) believes I was critical and sarcastic, so be it. I hope Mark succeeds in locating the needed hitch, gets “into” Simplicity tractors, and stays active in this club. Interacting with club members may even have a soothing affect on his personality.