Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Putter

Fitting a Cub Cadet Rototiller to a Landlord?

Putter
Has anyone fit a Cub Cadet Rototiller to an old Landlord? Or has anyone have both that could eye it up for me to see if it is a possible fit. There is one in the paper here today but I am not sure if this is a possibility.

SmilinSam
A cub tiller drives off the opposite side and is geared differently. My opinion is thats its not worth the effort to try it as there are too many things that need addressed to do it.

Woodydel
Putter here are a couple of pics of the Cub Cadet rototiller with the right angle drive attached. This picture is the side view. The "T" handle (location 1) is attached to the tiller with 2 chains and then attaches to the rear lift arm. The lift arm location on both brands of tractors are approximately in the same location. The "T" unscrews from a bolt which is inserted through a hole in the lift bar and the "T" handle is then screwed back onto the bolt. This handle adjusts the height of the rototiller in relation to the ground in the raised position. The vertical plate at location 2 in the picture must be attached to the tractor. This assembly is the right angle drive used to transition from the engine driven belt to the tiller drive belt. On the Cadets it is bolted permanently to the transaxle. On a Simplicity you would have to weld on tabs which you could slide into the two bottom attachment points. This second picture is a view from the bottom showing the pulley (3) which is normally parallel with the ground. A belt from the front of the engine is run straight down, turned 90 degrees straight back to this pulley. The 90 degree turn is accomplished with what is referred to as a mule drive which I forgot to take a picture of. This mule drive could be easily adapted to a Simplicity tractor. As long as you have a PTO at the front of your engine to disengage the belt, adapting this rototiller should work. The rotation of the engines is the same so the final rotation at the rototiller will work. The speed of rotation is the same on both tractors, 3600 RPM. This rototiller is ultra heavy duty and weighs a ton (probably less haha). There are other models of these rototillers. This one is a model 2B. They all use the right angle drive at location 2. Make sure you get this with the tiller. Woody ADDED Putter this is the mule drive which slides onto a Cadet frame using their quick attach system. You could modify this to route your belt to the right angle drive pulley (3). I believe this will be the most difficult part to adapt but it could work. Good Luck.