Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Rob-B

accident-need to know how much

Rob-B
hello, i recent was showing my B-112 with its L-112 on it at my local ag county fair over labor day weekend, which holds an antique truck, tractor, auto, and engine corral. i was not there when the accident occured. well, this is what happened.........................garden tractors were parked in one row and behind them were crawlers. the rows were set up in a "V" pattern. the tractors were backed up to one another and the front ends of the tractors were both facing south. anyways the gentleman that was parked behind my loader backed up over the wieght box with his crawler. upon first looking at the damage it looked like i was confined only to the weight box portion of the tractor. the damage being i'm going to have to do some heating and straighing and maybe some replacing of the supports that go to the tranny/gear box plates. upon disassembly i found that these plates are bent also and need to be replaced. what i would like to know from you members is what YOU would charge for a pair of these plates and what YOU would charge to replace them? i'm only looking for the cost of the plates and labor to change them, the other work i already have a price on. thank you rob

Rob-B
thank you, i have the plates also but they are not something that we sell everyday to where i could look up a price. anyways its for a straight three speed. how much would you charge for the plates and how much would you charge to replace? the fair grounds is covering the cost of all repairs. BUT i want to be really fair about this, i'm just looking to get my baby back not make a big buck. thanks, rob

thedaddycat
I was just looking at the post about the upcoming Brooklyn CT event and someone mentioned that there was a $100 charge for insurance for the event. If that's the case for you, I'd look at it like it was your car. Take it to a dealer and have them set everything right, then let the insurance company live up to their obligations. After all, they don't hesitate to pocket the premiums if nothing happens. They are being paid to assume the risk.

Rob-B
yes this is going to be an insurance claim again the oranization that held the event. i would really like to keep my local dealer out of it if at possible because he has kinda been the middle man between myself and the show organizer. thats why i was really hoping that some of our senior and advanced members would put in there comments that are so widly appreciataed. you guys are my last resort kinda on getting some prices. any info would help greatly thank you Robert C Baumuller