Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Dadsy98

Engines, hitches, and seals...

Dadsy98
...Just a few questions here. I've got some projects going on and have stumbled. I recently aquired a 7010 less the motor. What will and wont fit? I have the K241 it had originally, the previous owner never checked the oil so it finally broke the rod. I found a front blade and hitch the other day at a yard sale. It's rusty and all but still solid. The hitch appears to be a Simplicity# 1690087, the blade is a #1690085. Now, on the hitch someone before had cut the rear mounting ears off flush and drilled holes in the framework. Why would this be done? What would it fit now? I'll probably have to fab and weld some ears back on. any ideas? Finally, does anyone have a number for the front axle bearing seals used on a 312? I found the bearings at an auto parts store but the fellow there had no idea of what the seal number would be. has anyone had the luck of finding these locally? Well, I'm about to get back to another project (one more cup and I'll go) Replacing rear axle bearing on wife's old Dodge van...I think tractors are more fun. IMHO ! Steve

thedaddycat
The ears are easily fabricated, just find some flat stock and drill the right size holes(7/16" I think) then weld them on. Any local shop that does welding will probably have scrap that would work. If you ask them for a few small pieces to make the ears and come back for the welding I'm sure they will give them to you free.