Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

year of B-10

Jonjacobson

According to this site the last year production of the B-10 is 1966. I recently purchased one and was told it was a 1967. The original paperwork shows it was purchased in June of 67'. This is the model with the bumblebee decal, I'm just wondering if the B-10 model was carried on into early 67' Thanks for reading, Jon

By whose definition? What is a 1967 model? That's part of the problem.... According to this price list, you could still order "new, old stock" B-10s in August of 1969 -- but does that mean it's a 1969 model? http://www.simpletractors.com/models/b_series/prices/69_pg20-17.htm Simplicity did not use model years, like the automotive industry, for example. They used production runs, and would change the model number or manufacturer number (if a significant change to an existing model) at any time during the year. In the above example, B-10s were still available from the factory, though B-110s had gone into production, then discontinued and replaced by B-210s. Though your tractor was originally purchased in June of 1967, it could have been made months (or even years) earlier. There is NO KNOWN way to know exactly when it was made. You can identify when some components were made but not when they were assembled into a tractor and it "rolled off the assembly line." Some transmissions have casting marks, and the Briggs engine serial number (if it's still the original engine) will tell you when it was made. The engine likely predates the tractor by two or three months. The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

I also have a B-10 made in 1966( going buy engine numbers) I have just finished painting the tractor & rebuilting the engine. All I need now is the seat on the tractor. Karl

Thanks Kent for explaining that.I have had a few questions about the tractor years ect. for sometime now.Such as I have had people tell me they bought a Broadmoor 717 new in 1969.I thought they was made for the 1967 model year.I did alot of research on simpletrACtors under the contents and found 2 fliers/ads one shows it to be new in 1967 and the other shows 1969.It kinda confused me,but now I understand that. mowerman1193

The gentleman I purchased this tractor from said he determined it to be a 1967 by matching its serial number to information on this site. This was the info I was looking for, but could'nt find. Although a model year or production date would be nice, it certainly is'nt necessary just trivia. What is the basis though for the Made When? area of this site. I also own a couple of 60's era Jacobsens and they were'nt even nice enough to use model numbers or state the names of the models on the tractors. Thanks for all the replies, Jon

The basis of the Made When is the Manufacture (MFR) Number if a Simplicity or Product Number if an Allis Chalmers. These are not serial numbers, since all similar tractors of the same production run would have the same Manufacturer Number. As far as I know, there is no record of what serial numbers were made when.... The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

OK, I'll just call it a 66' to finish the matter. If I'm reading the made when? right this was the only model year that the B-10 had the bumblebee decal. (Not to be saying it was actually manufactured in 66').