Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
jackcobb

Sickle Bar Mower, up and running!

jackcobb
Prior to the start of today's Packer Victory, I got to run my sickle bar mower on my B-212 for the first time. Man was it fun!! And well worth the effort to get it going. It was in good shape, but had a broken sickle bar, which I knew about when I bought it. Club Member Howard Tews, is making bars for them and is selling them at one heck of a good price. Bought a rivet tool at Farm and Fleet, ground off all the old rivets and switched all the sections over to the new bar. THANKS HOWARD!! Mounted it last weekend, but the belt was too short. It was for a B-10 and I'm putting it on a B-212. MAYNARD ($1 will get you a cup of coffee) got back with me on the proper belt size, THANKS. Picked it up at Wales Garden Center in Wales WI yesterday. Got it on before breakfast and presto!! Went around the perimeter of my property and pasture fence mowing. What a nice job it does and so much easier than a string trimmer. Thanks all!! Jack

jackcobb
Sorry on the pic's. I don't have one of the fancy E-cameras yet. I think I need to let Santa know for his bag this Christmas. I have several Nascar crew uniforms, from my younger days, that I need get pictures of so they can find their way to E-bay. That will help give me more money to put into my little tractor hobby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!