Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
stumpy

new acquisition

stumpy
I am fast becoming tractor-poor... Picked up a Homesteader 8 Friday night with a dozer blade for fifty bucks. Very good original shape/original paint, but is missing the grill. Unfortunately someone had broken the gas cap gauge-lens and left the machine outside....just a wee bit of water in the fuel system. I have never seen a carb so full of rust and crap, but the float wasn't completely crushed so I cleaned things up and put it back together---need a carb kit soon though. Dropped the battery from my B in it, and she fired right up. Really scoots around too. Thanks to club members I know that some of the early 70's Broadmoor implements should fit this machine. After looking in the x-reference tables on the site, I noticed that no direct comparitive model was made by simplicity. Are the gearboxes, etc., virtually the same as a Broadmoor, even though the reference doesn't imply that? Just wondering about things like gear case capacities, etc. Also, how about maintenance manuals and their availability? thanks Bob "Stumpy" Hazelbrook

Les
The Homesteaders were made in the Lexington South Carolina plant, so they may or may not have the same parts as a Simplicity of the same period. Now I know little or nothing about the Homesteaders, except that they are real hard to get parts for, but they were the successor to the Lexington built B-206 and B-207. If they followed the same plan as the B-212 to 300 series then they would not have many parts in common with Simplicity.