Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
acjohn

Snowthrower for Sunstar

acjohn
My neighbor has a sunstar (mid '80s) and is looking for a snowthower for it. Does anyone know if a 42" from a 700 series will fit? Is the hitch adapter the same? I have not looked closely at it, but he says it has a front pto.

BenB
I believe the 42" snowthrower for the Sunstar was mfg. #1690982. Sorry I cannot help with the 700 series. Perhaps another member has the owners manual for the 700 snowthrower and can supply you with that number.

acjohn
Ben, Thanks for the info, but I don't think it will work. The sunstar and the Deutz are identical. The 700 series thrower is belt driven while the sunstar is shaft driven. Would take more engineering than I'm willing to do. I'd have to add a BGB to the thrower and make a pto shaft. I'll look for the right one for him in the "wanted" classifieds here.