Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Cheap_Dave

Garden Mark?

Cheap_Dave
I know that simplicity made the squire 10 for wards but i never heard of garden mark. this ones gold and black, 3 speed. looks like a simplicity, is it? O.K.heres the deal... a gentlemen has one of these (10 hp) not running, flat front tire (otherwise machine appears complete) but turns over by hand (not stuck). also has a (yellow)36 inch snow thrower (single belt), a simplicity snow cab, a newer (orange) 42 inch mower deck, a land (field) plow, the hanger part of a mckissick chipper, and a set of cultivators, along with the manuals for all. all have been kept indoors for years. He's asking a couple of hunderd for all. (he didn't indicate more than 2) honest opinion would you buy? .... and why or why not? Cheap questions by Cheap Dave

arjr111
Hi Dave, I have a Wards, Garden Mark, it's an 8HP, see my link (it's the second one down from the right). I paid $25, cleaned it up and it runs great. Really like it, you don't see many any more. Its seems to be made well compared to other models that used plastic and fiberglass for the hoods and fenders. Don't think I would go that high though......Art [url]http://www.geocities.com/arjr111/ArtsTractors.html[/url]

Kent
Garden Mark is a Montgomery Wards brandname, much like Sears brandname was David Bradley. Squire 9 (or 8 or 10) is a model name.... Sounds like it is a "Simplicity." IMO, with all those attachments $200 isn't that far out of line, if the attachments are usable. Not a "steal" but not a "ripoff" either... Here's the link to a Squire 9 http://www.simpletractors.com/gallery/mw_squire_9.htm Art, it looks yours is a "newer" Gilson... The foot-draggin' Clubhouse Custodian...

Cheap_Dave
thanks arjr111 (nice goodies) but it looks more like a B-1, curved hood and all thats what made me think it was an old simplicity/AC. Thanks guys. Have a good Cheap night. Cheap Dave.

arjr111
Yes, I know which one (seen a few for sale on the internet) you are referring to now. According to my owners manual, the one I have is a 7hp Wards Garden Mark, Model # ZYJ-1394A. But was obviously manuf. at a later date and probably by a different manufacturer for MW, than the Wards Garden Mark Squire that looked like the early Sims...therefore, it's probably worth quite a bit more than mine....let us know if you pick it up and fix it up.....Art

HubbardRA
Dave, I have a 61 Wards Garden Mark. It also has the rounded hood. If you have the original B/S engine, there is a manufactured date as part of the serial number. This can give you an approximate date of manufacture. This was the only link I had to the year of mine. Rod H.

66Landlord101Guy
No, dont buy it. PLEASE TELL ME WHERE THIS BEAUTY IS! Ive been wanting a Garden Mark Squire forever! LET ME KNOW MORE ABOUT IT! Please if you dont buy it, please give me more info and stuff about it. IM BEGGING YOU! PLEASE! Sorry to sound so stupid, but I really want one! Ben Scovil Benjamin Scovil (WARDS FREAK)