Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Cultivating Fun and Apology

Brent_Baumer

First of all, I'd like to apologize to anyone who was interested in buying this cultivator I put on Ebay a couple days ago then pulled. I bought it Saturday at an auction for next to nothing with the intention of selling since I have a tiller and didn't think I'd use it. That is the first, and hopefully last, time I have ever pulled an item: The reason I pulled it was I got to fooling around making a hitch out of some 3/16" bar stock I had laying around. It looked easy to do so I decided to make the hitch and give the thing a try: Man am I pleased. Best part is I can leave the mower deck attached with the belt in place and pull the cultivator at the same time. Something I cannot do with my tiller. This is part of my garden that is "done" for the year. Doesn't work quite as well as the tiller, but pretty good. Works pretty well on weeds in my gravel driveways too.