Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Homesteaders

stumpy

This little tractor is a great machine. Thanks to Kent, Les and Rick for their earlier comments. Haven't found too much on these babies searching the website. Anyone out there have a manual, etc. they might be willing to copy for me for a few bucks? I'm also curious about how many changes were made to the 208 when production switched to Homesteaders....as in, are the transaxles interchangeable, etc.? Or were they pretty much a completely seperate production run that's going to cause me misery and grief down the road when things break? I can handle modifications to attachments from Broadmoors, etc. (if needed) for use on the Homesteader, but if parts for the tractor itself are one-of-a-kind and that tough to come up I may think about horsetrading it pretty quick. Thanks, Bob "Stumpy" Hazelbrook

The homesteader has a totally different transmission than the B-208's. The Homesteader's transmission is just like the 3- Speed broadmoors such as the 727, 728, 738. I don't think you should have any problem finding good used transmission parts but I don't think new ones are available anymore.

Stumpy and Chris, New parts for the transmissions that you mentioned are still available. If ever in doubt about new parts you can check the price database at http://www.jackssmallengines.com/ Hope this helps. Greg