Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Northwest equipment show & threshing bee

stumpy

Just a heads-up for club members in the greater Pacific Northwest.... The Kittitas County Historical Society and Early Iron Club is hosting it's 20th annual antique equipment show and threshing bee this Saturday and Sunday at Olmstead Place State Park, adjacent to Interstate 90 four miles east of Ellensburg, Washington (2.5 hours east of Seattle) on the old Kittitas Highway. The park itself is a 217 acre homestead with original buildings dating to 1875. It's a very unique place. Activities include threshing, grain grinding, tractor parade, assorted other power demonstrations, steam equipment, stationary motors, and tractors from walk-behinds to big steamers. Everyone is welcome with their equipment. I know of some folks with Gilsons that are planning on attending...also a few Case garden tractors, a Wheelhorse, and a couple of those green machines. The antique tractor pull is on Saturday. Other stuff going on includes a swap meet, corn maze, activities for the kids, and music. In the past I believe folks with equipment on display have camped at the park (camping isn't allowed there on a regular basis) in the hayfield. Most people with machines arrive Friday night or Saturday morning. This is definitely an enjoyable event to cap the summer season with an old-timey flavor. It's grown every year. Don't think any early registration, etc. is required...just show up. If anyone is interested and wants more specific info send me an e-mail and I'll get back to you ASAP with phone numbers and/or particulars. Bob "Stumpy" Hazelbrook