Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
powerking_one

Flywheel back from Briggs & got "The Big'Book"

powerking_one
Just a quick note to all, Sent my 10 HP Briggs 243431 flywheel to B&S one week ago for $12.00 UPS ground @ 23 pounds insured for $250.00 from Baltimore. Got it back today! What great (re-polarization) service!! Went and picked up my latest goodies from MSC Direct as well (taking advantage of their FREE tranfer shipping policy to a branch office) and they eagerly gave me a copy of "The Big Book". It's 5,000 pages, tab'd, hard bound and just awesome in content. Just the printing cost would have to put it in the most expensive college textbook catagory. If there was ever a "keeper" to place front and center on the coffee table, this is it! It's a little big for the "boss's" purse though; sneaking it into the church for relief from those occasional yawn-fest services. Tom(PK)

dav
am hoping you can give me the address for the flywheel service. found it once but cant figure out where it was.-should have put it on a post-it. when i tried to start my big ten, it sounded like one rock in a cementmixer. disassembly revealed a massive mouse nest-actually it was probably a chipmonk judging by the acorns and beechnuts- the aluminum fin alongside the magnet is pryed away from the flywheel just enough that it may come off at high rpms. i think the rodent piss might have eaten the rivet- like it ate holes in the cooling shrouds