Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Chris727

Homesteader, What Year?

Chris727
I have noticed that there were two styles of homesteaders made. There were ones with black hood decals with white letters, those also had 728 broadmoor style steering wheels. There were also some with white decals with black letters and B-207, B-208 style steering wheels. The ones in the brochures on this site have the black hood decals with white letters and are dated 1971. Mine has the white decals with black letters but seems older in style than the ones from 1971. As far as I know they were made from 1971-1974. Mine no longer has the original engine so I cannot trace its manufacture through the code. So is mine a lesser produced early version or something? Is it pre 1971. If anyone knows please let me know. Thanks.

stumpy
Chris, My Homesteader also has the white hood decal with black lettering (original), and an AC steering wheel. For what it's worth, mine is serial # 12902268, which puts it under the later product number, #1600264. I would guess (perhaps incorrectly) that would mean it's not in the earliest production run...likely a '72 or '73. My engine code has a manufacture date of 1972. Since yours has the same decal scheme, I'd also guess it's not one of the earliest ones, but ????? Bob "Stumpy" Hazelbrook