Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

1970 soverign

Gug

I have a 1970 Simplicity Soverign tractor with hydrostatic drive. The hydraulic pump has a cooler on it.I can't fine the manufacturer of the pump.Is there a way of determining who made the pump?

In case someone changed the hydro here's pics of the release mechanism. Sundstrand releases from under the seat. Sundstrand Hydro Release Vickers from back of tractor with lever. Vickers Hydro Release

Rod which picture or do you have both in it? lol Anything free is worth what you pay for it This & $1.00 might get you a small Coffee Maynard aka/UCD

I just recently found the way to raise the seat support on the 7117 . The release machanizim is somthing I think i activated (pressed down to see what would happen) I believe that it flattened the two little points that were sticking up under it thinking they would spring back up . So not im not sure what if anything i may have accomplised. Help! Leroy

If they stay stuck down and the tractor doesn't move, don't sell the tractor! I bought one once that that was all the problem was. Got them unstuck after pricing new ones at $80 per.

I have the Sunstrand, I didn't look closely at the second picture to see the other. Guess I was in a hurry. Sorry! I check some of these posts from work and they really don't want us to do personal things from there. Just so much faster from a T1 connection than from a modem at home. Rod H.

Frankie, I also had a freewheel valve stick on mine. Took it out. Used a small nail and little hammer to loosten the check ball. Works fine not. Rod H.

• 2 weeks later...
Dutch you were right. It's a Vickers # T66X 2A S4 1050 173-J1 218-J9 The number was stamped on the left side casting under many coates of paint. parts are expensive the filter alone is $31.00. Thanks to everyone for their help. Gug