Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Amigo tractor

goatfarmer

Local trader paper has an "Amigo" tractor for sale.Sez it was built in Dowagiac Michigan in the 60's Anyone ever heard of one? Also same ad list's an "antique Massey Ferguson 7 hp" for sale.Were the old ones built by Massey,or subbed out to another builder? tia Kenny

I've heard of them. My Grandfather use to sell them and my Dad has a few of them. They were shaft drive with an all gear planetary transmission that had a two forward gears and one reverse with an additional high/low range selector giving 4 gears forward and 2 reverse. They early ones had 6hp Lauson engines and the later tractors had Kohler and Wisconsin engines. Attached is an ad for the Amigo.

Hey guys, Thanks, now I've got another oddball tractor to go looking for. That Amigo looks like a pretty neat little machine, anybody on the east coast got one? I've got a few Moto-Mower series 6000 tractors and I thought they were rare. Happy tractoring

$200 sounds a little steep unless it has some of the accesories and is near mint. There's the mower that's shown in the picture as well as a front blade and a 3 point hitch. Definitely make sure it drive ok in all gears. The rearend in these won't take alot of abuse. Also the the casting that attached th front frame to the rearend brieaks pretty easily. My Dad say it would pop a pretty good wheelie when you shift forward in high range. Parts are pretty much non existant for them. Good Luck